Friday, January 10, 2014

Doctor Who Monologues

I don't know about you, but I know I am crazy about acting and auditioning for theatrical productions. If you are like me, though, then you know it can be sort of difficult to find an audition piece that you can pull of well enough, but that you'll enjoy doing and will be easy to remember. Look no farther than this blog, then, because I am going to post some monologues from the show that I think you will love.

From "The Pandorica Opens":
"Now the question for the hour is, 'Whose got the Pandorica?' Answer: I do. Next question: 'Who's coming to take it from me?' Come on! Look at me! No plan, no back up, no weapons, oh, and something else: I don't have anything to lose! So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little space ships with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who is standing in your way! Remember every black day I stopped you, and then, and then, do the smart thing: Let somebody else try first."

From "The End of Time: Part 2" (minus the voice of Wilfrid):

"You had to go in there, didn't you? You had to go in there, and get stuck! Oh yes. Cause that's who you are Wilfrid. You were always this, waiting for me, all this time. Exactly, look at you: not remotely important. But me... I could do so much more. So much more! But this is what I get, my reward. But it's not fair! Ohhh... I've lived too long. Wilfrid, it's my honor. Better be quick... Three... Two... One..."

From "A Good Man Goes to War":

"I wish I could tell you that you'll be loved. That you'll be safe, and cared for, and protected. But this isn't the time for lies. What you are going to be Melody, is very, very brave. But not as brave as they all have to be. Because there's someone coming. I don't know where he is, or what he's doing, but trust me: He's on his way. There's a man who's not going to let us down, and not even an army can get in the way. He's the last of his kind. He looks young, but he's lived for hundreds and hundreds of years. And wherever they take you, Melody, however scared you are, I promise you: you will never be alone. Because this man is your father. He has a name, but the people of our world know him better as The Last Centurion."

If you enjoyed reading these, comment below and let us know which ones are your favorite, even if they aren't listed here!
-E.C

No comments:

Post a Comment